From years of experience in the exterior remodeling industry, storm damage from hail or wind is nearly a yearly occurrence in Minnesota. Our staff has extensive training in repairing your home to the highest standards and working directly with all insurance carriers to negotiate a fair settlement claim that covers all expenses to repair damages to your home.
Overview of Claim Process:
1. We inspect your entire exterior to see if your damage would warrant filing a claim.
2. We take photos and show homeowners damages to their property that should be repaired. Most roof damage and exterior metal coverings [ Window Cladding, Fascia, Guttering ] cannot be seen from the ground.
3. If the claim is warranted due to hail or wind damage, we recommend that you call your insurance carrier to file a property damage claim.
4. A 1st Choice Remodeling field representative will meet your insurance adjuster on site and account for all storm damage to the property that should repair.
5. We review the insurance adjuster’s line-item repair estimate to ensure that proper scope and cost are sufficient for needed repairs. If we feel the estimate does not account for all damage and or the cost to repair is not sufficient. 1st Choice Remodeling submits a revised estimate using the exact same estimating program as your insurance carrier uses, we work directly on your behalf to get the proper scope and cost to complete the repairs to your home.
6. After scope and cost are agreed upon between 1st Choice Remodeling and your insurance carrier, you will receive a detailed estimate with payment to start repairs to the property.
7. Your 1st Choice representative will sit down with you and go over project materials and color choices and give you an estimated start date and completion date.
8. After completion of the repairs to your property, a field supervisor will do a final walk through to make sure you’re 100% satisfied with repairs to the home. 1st Choice then submits completion invoice to your insurance carrier for final payment of repairs to your home.